Starting on January 19, 2013, the Broadmoor Y will be offering two-hour boot camp classes every Saturday for six weeks and has generously provided the first four weeks of this program free of charge to Sunrise members and their invited guests. The boot camp format begins with an hour in the gym followed by an hour on the track. The gym activities will consist of ab/core strengthening, step aerobics, stretching, weights, spin, etc. After the indoor exercises are complete, boot camp will move outside with a short jog to Lee Hedges Stadium for track and bleacher intervals.
David Taggart, who is a long-time coach, triathlete, and adventure racer well-known to most of us, will be the lead instructor. David’s personal experience at all these disciplines has helped him develop a workout program that is geared to assist athletes of all levels build and maintain core strength and endurance. Expert-led sessions like these are usually available only to members of fitness facilities and/or given by personal trainers for a fee. If you enjoy these workouts, Sunrise encourages you to join the Y after four weeks to complete the program and gain full privileges to the full array of activities that they offer year round.
Due to the capacity of the gym and its available equipment, participation will be limited. Please sign up promptly through me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve your spot.
Sunrise-Broadmoor Y Boot Camp Details:
- First four sessions are free of charge to Sunrise members and their invited guests
- Location: Broadmoor Y, 215 Carroll St. (off of Youree Drive just south of the Southfield Shopping Center)
- Dates: Four two-hours sessions on January 19, January 26, February 2, February 9
- Start Time: 8:00a SHARP in the gym (in other words, arrive at 7:50a)
- Sign in at the front desk
- You do not need to be a member of the Sunrise Club to participate
- Most equipment will be furnished by the YMCA
- The first hour of the workout will be in the gym consisting of ab/core strengthening, step aerobics, stretching, weights, spin, etc.
- The indoor workout will be followed by a warm-up jog to Lee Hedges Stadium for track and bleacher intervals
- Bring indoor and outdoor workout/run attire (check the weather forecast)
- Sports drink will be provided at the stadium
- The intensity of the workout will be up to you
- The YMCA shower facilities will be available to you afterwards
- Post workout food and snacks will be provided by the Sunrise Tri Club